This is PokerStars.org, all news and poker stars related information.UK Poker Players and Promotions to GG Poker Welcome Bonus! $100
How does one become a poker star like Daniel Negreanu?
There are ten ways to become a poker star:
1. Play poker often, both in a card room or casino and particularly online (where you can play several multi-table tournaments simultaneously).
2. Read about poker strategies in top poker and Texas Holdem books. See suggested books in our books section by Daniel Negreanu.
3. Watch and study how top poker stars play various poker games. We would recommend watching Daniel Negreanu, a Canadian professional poker player who has won six World Series of Poker bracelets and two World Poker Tour championship titles so far. Daniel's videos are informative and funny at the same time. He has one of the best poker minds in the industry.
4. Poker has plenty of different games so focus on becoming great at one game prior to branching out in other games. Texas Holdem is the most popular poker game today.
5. Poker can become a mathematical game as well as a game about intuition so before you take on someone with a lot more experienced than you it might be a better idea to learn how to read other players and study the pot odds implications behind playing poker in a live setting first. Don't bite off more than you can chew.
6. Whether in a tournament, a sit and go, or a cash game - the theory regarding positional isolation becomes critical in playing successful winning poker. Positional isolation is simply creating a situation in a hand where you are the last to play and where you will have ONLY one opponent left to beat.
7. Bank Roll Management is key to playing poker for money. Never gamble with more than you can afford to lose and plan your play so that your bank roll (total funds dedicated to playing poker for money) lasts as long as possible or in the best case grows in size. Too many poker players play until they are broke instead of having a target time or amount (up or down) at which point they stop playing, or worse than that they start playing without an adequate bankroll for that level of play. Becoming a winning poker player takes discipline and consistency.
8. Never play in a game where you feel stressed or uncomfortable. Certainly never play when you are impaired either by lack of sleep or stress or by consuming alcohol or drugs.
9. Have fun while you are playing as poker is a social game so enjoy it while you are playing. Yes in money games the objective is to leave while ahead but remember you are having fun at the same time.
10. If you cannot spot the sucker at the table you are the sucker - get out of there fast.
The WSOP announces the schedule of play for the 2023 WSOP.
We will post online WSOP qualifiers here as they are available.